Jobs At 3rd Rail
WORKING AT 3RD RAIL
As a commercial printer we’re able to provide both studio and office based opportunities. Though experience of screen printing is preferential we’re also willing to train the right candidate if they display enthusiasm and passion for the medium and role. Our employees enjoy benefits including use of our open access studio 3rd Rail Print Space for personal projects during evenings and weekends.
If you would like to work with us and there are no suitable vacancies you are welcome to send us your CV and we will keep it on file in the event that a relevant position becomes available.
Marketing and Social Media Coordinator
Working hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Starting Salary from £21,000
3rd Rail is a multifaceted screen printing studio providing a wide variety of services including garment printing and customisation, fine art editioning, live print, an online garment pre-sale platform (Print Social), creative workshops and an open access studio (3rd Rail Print Space) across two sites.
We pride ourselves in delivering a world class all round service, realising solutions and executing the vision of our customers, collaborators and members regardless of how bespoke they might be.
We are looking for a dynamic, versatile and highly organised individual to join our friendly and creative team. The right candidate will thrive in a varied role, be self motivated, driven and able to use their initiative to develop our existing social media strategy in order to increase followers and engagement across all platforms.
The role is mainly focused on all areas of marketing and graphical content, including video creation, but also event/workshop organising, wordpress website development and administration, providing support across our 4 core businesses. We are also looking to put a Google adwords campaign in place, so any prior knowledge of this or SEO would be a bonus. Thus the right person must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach, ability to prioritise their tasks and willingness to work effectively as part of a team. An interest and understanding of screen printing is preferred but not essential.
– Scheduling content across platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and Linkedin
– Generating graphical, photographic and video content for social media, blog and websites.
– Creating and sending newsletters on Mailchimp
– General WordPress website maintenance and design across 3 sites including updating content, processing and shipping website orders and handling any resulting customer queries.
– Creating, Sourcing and Coordinating new and existing creative workshops at our 3rd Rail Print Space open access facility.
– Generating bi-monthly blog content on a wide range of topics relevant to the business.
– Assisting with admin tasks including order processing, customer management and sales as well as general studio help at times like answering the phone.
– Researching artists and contacts in the creative industry and outreach for our Print Social brand.
– Working knowledge in WordPress systems, any knowledge in HTML and CSS would be a bonus.
– Good graphical abilities and eye for aesthetics.
– Understanding of e-commerce management, using spreadsheets, in particular updating and managing stock through the WordPress as well as shipping and order processing.
– Skills relating to graphic design for web, UI and UX.
– Excellent working knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest and Youtube.
– Good communication and copywriting skills for blog/social media including an excellent command of written English.
– Able to use initiative to develop existing social media strategy.
– Confidence using Mac computers and software including Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro.
– A keen photographic eye and operational knowledge of a digital SLR.
– A proactive and motivated approach coupled with being highly organised and able to multitask effectively.
– A keen interest in the arts and creative industry, having connections would be a bonus.
Benefits include 50 hours of print time to use in our brand new 4000sqft studio with a free/discounted material supply and a discount across all Peckham Levels businesses. Please note selection for this role is a two part process that includes some practical exercises which will require access to a computer with Photoshop.
How to Apply
An important part of the role is going to be producing video content so we are asking for applicants to create a short video to accompany their application. The subject of your application video can be on anything you like, it could be about yourself, 3rd Rail, anything, it just needs to show us your skills and us what kind of content you are capable of producing.
We are looking for a short video around 30 seconds to a minute. It should demonstrate your creativity and skills but must include video footage you have captured yourself (this can just be from a phone) and some graphical elements made by yourself as well.
We want you to be as creative as you can so the brief is very open but below are some things to keep in mind for your video.
Please email this video to firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role. Deadline for applications is midnight on 30th Aug