Jobs At 3rd Rail
WORKING AT 3RD RAIL
As a commercial printer we’re able to provide both studio and office based opportunities. Though experience of screen printing is preferential we’re also willing to train the right candidate if they display enthusiasm and passion for the medium and role. Our employees enjoy benefits including use of our open access studio 3rd Rail Print Space for personal projects during evenings and weekends.
If you would like to work with us and there are no suitable vacancies you are welcome to send us your CV and we will keep it on file in the event that a relevant position becomes available.
WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE THE POSITION OF STUDIO ASSISTANT IN OUR PECKHAM LEVELS STUDIO!
Position: Part Time Studio Assistant
Ensuring the print room, office, store rooms and studio shop is kept tidy and organised.
Packaging and dispatch orders for members aout website orders.
Giving technical inductions to new members
Organising studio shop stock levels and quality controlling labelling and packing.
Assisting the directors and other team members.
General services including coating and exposing screens/ running artwork and updating the website.
Outreach for all new print enquiries with special attention fine art comissions.
Skills and Experience:
Good communication skills including an excellent command of written English.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office with a particular focus on Excel and Word.
Confidence using Mac computers and software including Photoshop.
Highly organised and able to multitask effectively and efficiently.
A proactive and motivated approach.
A keen interest in the arts and creative industry, having connections would be a bonus.
HOURS: 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Starting Salary: Depending on experience
HOW TO APPLY: To be considered for this position please send a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com
ABOUT US: This role is a customer facing role, you will be dealing with our members and the general public on a daily basis. We require a happy friendly confident individual.
Benefits include 50 hours of print time to use in our brand new 4000sqft studio with a free/discounted material supply. Please note selection for this role is a two part process that includes some practical exercises out and about in the print room along with admin tasks.
Screen Printing Positions Available – From Experienced to Head Screen Printer
Salary – Dependent upon experience
Hours 42.5 p.w (8.30 – 17.30) Mon – Fri + Overtime (Paid) Location – Salary – Depending on experience.
3rd Rail is one of London’s leading screen garment printing and companies, is currently looking for an experienced screen and garment printer to join our London studio in a managerial position.
Required skills and attributes:
- Significant proven experience working as a screen printer ideally with use of both manual and automatic carousels.
- A keen eye for detail and knowledge of product, process and equipment.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team or individually.
- Ability to work well under pressure and problem solve.
- A more detailed job description is available on request.
Due to high levels of applications we are only able to respond to the applicants who we interview.
Job Type: Full-time
- Screen Printing: 1 year
- PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE PRINTING GARMENTS ON EITHER MANUAL OR AUTOMATIC CAROUSELS. WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CONSIDER ANYONE FOR THIS PARTICULAR ROLE WHO DOES NOT. THIS IS A SKILLED POSITION AND REQUIRES PRIOR EXPERIENCE ON A COMMERCIAL LEVEL. UNIVERSITY LEVEL EXPERIENCE IS UNFORTUNATELY NOT ENOUGH ON ITS OWN. APOLOGIES, WE WILL HAVE OTHER POSITIONS AT OTHER TIMES THAT WILL NOT REQUIRE SUCH HIGH LEVEL.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Depending on experience