Jobs At 3rd Rail
WORKING AT 3RD RAIL
As a commercial printer we’re able to provide both studio and office based opportunities. Though experience of screen printing is preferential we’re also willing to train the right candidate if they display enthusiasm and passion for the medium and role. Our employees enjoy benefits including use of our open access studio 3rd Rail Print Space for personal projects during evenings and weekends.
If you would like to work with us and there are no suitable vacancies you are welcome to send us your CV and we will keep it on file in the event that a relevant position becomes available.
Starting Salary: Freelance Contract Subject to experience.
£10.00 per hour.
Working hours: 8.30am – 5.30pm 1 Month Contract with the possibility of an extension.
Please see below the job spec and if you think the job is for you then drop us an email with a covering letter and your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to high levels of applications we are only able to respond to the applicants who we interview.
The Role : Screen Print Assistant
Your main role will be to assist all the production screen printers and aid the day to day running of a busy production environment.
Tasks will include:
- Screen Preparation / Reclaiming
- Equipment preparation cleaning and organization.
- Screen machine allocation, preparing the shutdown of each print station to aid the printers.
- Ink preparation.
- Garment Organisation
- Assisting with the running of the automatic machine(s).
- General Studio maintenance including stock alerts/ screen archiving and stock taking.
- Inter departmental communication skills; screens, printers, despatch, prop man.
- Screen Stencil knowledge. Including a brief understanding of mesh counts , post-hardening and finishing.
- Screen Reclaiming – a brief understanding on the chemicals and cleaning of silk screens.
- Highly organised and able to multitask effectively and efficiently, including working to strict scheduling and deadlines.
- Preparing Inks for the printers, this will include working with different ink systems, pantone matching, stock control etc.
- A proactive and motivated approach.